The Aadhaar card refers to the Indian biometric identity card that comprises of a 12 digit number which is unique to every individual. This means that the Government of India has provided a unique number for the identification of all Indian citizens. The Aadhaar card cannot be used as a proof of citizenship but can be used as a proof of address and identity. Another unique feature is that it also comprises of the biometric details of an individual. Recently the government has made it mandatory for every Indian citizen to link their Aadhaar cards with their bank account. This has been done to eradicate fake accounts and ensure that the government money which is meant for the poorer section of the society is directly sent to their account without any interference from any middleman.
About Federal Bank Of India
The Federal of India which was initially called the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was established in the month of April 1931 in Travancore. The bank was renamed as the Federal Bank of India in 1949, with the completion of the formalities of the Banking Regulations Act of 1949.The bank started with a net capital of rupees 5000. Today it has a network of more than 12000 branches and more than 1600 ATM’s all over the country.
The Federal bank is known for providing product and services which reflect a perfect blend of innovation and responsibility towards their customers. For instance it the was the first bank in India to introduce electronic passbooks called “Fedbooks”. This is a mobile application that can be used by the bank’s customers to check their passbook details anytime and anywhere in the country. It does not end here, the bank in 2015 introduced the first mobile application to open a bank account. With the help of this mobile app, a person can anytime open a Federal Bank account by simply using his or her PAN card and Aadhaar card.
Link Aadhaar With Federal Bank Account
Now, linking Aadhaar card with the bank is also compulsory to avail all government schemes like subsidies. There are two ways by which Aadhaar can be linked with the Federal Bank account. A person can either link it online by visiting the official website of the bank or offline by visiting the nearest bank branch. The steps of both the online as well as the offline methods are given below:
Link Aadhaar with bank account online
In order to complete the Aadhaar linking process online, one must first register himself or herself with Federal Bank’s internet banking facility. After this the following steps must be taken to complete the process:
- Visit the official website of the Federal Bank of India.
- Click on “Personal banking” and then continue to log in.
- Fill in your user id and password in the appropriate boxes.
- Once you have successfully logged in click on “Aadhaar seeding or Aadhaar linking” request.
- After this, fill in your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Confirm all the details once again and then click on “submit”
- Once the request is successfully submitted a confirmation message about the same will shown on the screen.
Link Aadhaar with Federal Bank account offline
For the offline method, a person must carry both the original as well as the xerox copy the Aadhaar card and the bank’s passbook to the nearest bank’s branch. The following steps must be taken to complete the linking process.
- Visit the nearest branch of Federal Bank of India.
- Fill the form to link Aadhaar with bank account available at all the bank’s branches.
- After filling in all the details in the form submit the same to the bank’s authorities.
- The bank’s authorities might ask for the documents for verification.
- The documents will be returned back after the verification process.
- Once the verification, the Aadhaar number will be linked with bank’s account manually by the bank’s authorities. An SMS or Email will be sent to the registered mobile number or email id confirming the same.