The Government of India this year has made it mandatory for everyone to link their banks account with Aadhaar card. In fact on Saturday, 21 October, the RBI has made it clear that it is compulsory to complete the Aadhaar and bank account linking process. Earlier this year banks had given warnings to their customers that if Aadhaar is linked than their accounts will be suspended.Some of the benefits of linking Aadhaar with the bank account are:
- Besides being mandatory, an Aadhaar linked bank account is also important to avail government subsidies on day to day groceries like LPG, kerosene, ration on groceries like wheat, rice etc.
- Aadhaar is also a mandatory KYC document while opening a new bank account.
- Another benefit of an Aadhaar linked account is that the government will directly credit the accounts of the beneficiaries which are selected for government schemes.
- The Aadhaar linking process will also enable the government to identify the targeted section of the society who are in need of government support and thus will do away with corruption and leakages of government funds.
About Hdfc Bank
The HDFC bank, with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra was established in the year of 1994. It was inaugurated by the then finance minister, Manmohan Singh. HDFC Bank is one of India’s largest private sector bank in terms of its number of assets.At present, the bank has a network of 4000 branches and more than 12000 ATMs all across the country. Some of the product and services provided by the bank are:
- Wholesale banking.
- Retail banking.
- Automobile loans.
- Two wheeler loans.
- Personal loans.
- Credit cards.
- Loans for the purchase property etc.
Steps To Link Aadhaar With Hdfc Bank Account
With the government making it mandatory to link Aadhaar with bank accounts, the HDFC bank has provided two avenues to its customers by which they can link their Aadhaar cards with their bank accounts. The steps to use both these methods are given below:
Online method to link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
In order to complete the linking process online, the account holder is first required to register himself or herself in the official website of the bank.
The following steps must be taken to link Aadhaar with HDFC bank account online:
- Visit the official website of HDFC bank.
- log in to your account using your user id and password.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar card details”.
- Fill all the details and submit the form.
- Once the Aadhaar is successfully linked with the bank account, the bank will send an SMS or Email on your registered Email id or mobile number confirming the same.
Offline method of link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
The offline method requires you carry a duplicate as well as the original copy of the Aadhaar card as well as your bank passbook. The following steps need to be taken to complete the process of Aadhaar linking process offline:
- Visit the nearest branch of HDFC bank.
- Collect the form to link Aadhaar with the bank account. (this form can also available in the official website of HDFC bank).
- Fill all the details in the form and submit it to the bank authorities.
- The bank authorities might ask for the necessary documents for verification.
- Once they complete the verification process, the documents will be handed back to you.
- On successful verification, the bank authorities will manually link the Aadhaar number with the bank account in their system.
- Once the Aadhaar is linked with the bank account a confirmation SMS or Email will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.