The IDFC bank is an integrated Infrastructure Development Finance Company.The bank was incorporated with the aim of providing financial aid and services to the infrastructure sector.At the same time, the bank also provides services to private companies and customer as well as self-employed people.
Benefits Of Linking Aadhaar With IDFC Bank Account
The Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all bank accounts. This step is crucial as all the Aadhaar fewer bank accounts would be rendered invalid after December.Some of the benefits of linking Aadhaar card with IDFC bank account are:
- It is the first bank to introduce Aadhaar linked cashless merchant solution. A striking feature of this technology is that it enables cashless transactions even to people who do not have possess any phone. Transactions can be made from any Aadhaar linked bank account to IDFC bank account by simply scanning fingerprints at merchant points. The fingerprint acts as the password for the transaction. This feature will ensure greater financial inclusion of people.
- An Aadhaar linked bank account is also mandatory to avail government schemes and subsidies like MNREGA, pension schemes, scholarships etc. Aadhaar is also important to avail government subsidies on day to day groceries like kerosene, rice, wheat etc.
- Aadhaar is also a mandatory KYC document in order to open a new bank account anywhere in the country.
Steps To Link Aadhaar With IDFC Bank Account
You can link your Aadhaar with IDFC bank account either by the online method or by the offline method. The steps required in both the methods are given below:
Offline method to link Aadhaar with the Bank Account
In the offline method, you are required to carry both the original as well as a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and your bank’s passbook for verification. The following steps must be taken to complete the linking process:
- Visit the nearest IDFC bank branch.
- Collect the Aadhaar seeding form from the bank authorities.
- Complete all the details in the form and submit the same at the branch office.
- After submitting your form, you are required to provide the KYC documents for verification.
- Once the verification process gets completed, the documents will be handed back to you.
- After successful verification, the bank will link Aadhaar with the bank account. You will be sent with a notification about the same either in your registered mobile number or email id.
Online method to link Aadhaar with the Bank Account
In order to use the online method, you will first have to register in the official website of the IDFC bank. Registered users can follow the steps below to complete the Aadhaar-account linking process:
- Visit the official website of IDFC bank.
- Two options are available; “retail user” and “ corporate user”. Choose your option.
- Log in to your account with your user id and password.
- Select “Aadhaar seeding” option under “service” tab.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on “submit”.
- Once your application gets successfully submitted, the bank will verify your details.
- After the successful validation of your details, your Aadhaar number will be linked to your bank account. An email or SMS confirming the same will be sent your registered email id or mobile number.