The IndusInd bank is a commercial private bank which was set up in the year of 1994 by the then Honorable Finance minister, Manmohan Singh. It has derived its name from the famous Indus Valley Civilization. The bank started its work with a net capital of 1 billion rupees. Today the bank has more than 1000 branches and more than 1800 ATM’s all over the country.
IndusInd bank ranks 19 in the list of 50 most valuable Indian Banks in 2014. Since its inception, the bank has continuously shown its efforts towards brand building by investing in numerous advertisement and marketing programs. In fact, it is known for its various programs for being both innovative as well as far-sighted.Some of it unique programs include 365 days banking, cash on mobile, check on cheque, direct connect etc. The bank has a “video branch” by which customers can do video conference with the bank’s stuff.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With IndusInd Bank Account
The Government of India has recently made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all bank accounts. This step has been taken with the view of better identification of the all account holders and also to do away with fake accounts. There are various avenues by which Aadhaar can be linked with IndusInd Bank account. The steps of various methods are mentioned below:
Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account Offline
In order to link Aadhaar with the bank account, the account holder must carry both the photocopy as well as the original copy of the Aadhaar card and the bank passbook. He or she must also carry the form to link Aadhaar with the bank account. This form is available on the official website of the bank. One must first download it and then take a print of the same to the bank branch. The following steps must be taken compete for the linking process offline:
- Visit the nearest branch of the IndusInd Bank.
- Submit the form which you have downloaded earlier to the bank authorities. All the details in the form must be filled and then submitted.
- After this, the bank authorities might ask for the documents for verification.
- Once the verification process is completed all documents will be handed back to the account holder.
- After the successful completion of the verification process, the account will be manually linked with Aadhaar card by the bank authorities.
- Once the linking process is completed a confirmation email or SMS about the same will be sent to the registered mobile number or email id.
Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account Online
In order to link Aadhaar with bank account online, one must first create his or her user id and password in the bank’s official website and must know the 12 digit Aadhaar number. The following steps must be taken to complete the linking process:
- Visit the official website of IndusInd Bank.
- Now, log in using your user id and password.
- After this, click on the link “Registration of Aadhaar number in internet banking”.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the appropriate field provided for it.
- Now, confirm the Aadhaar number again and then click on “submit”.
Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account via SMS
Customers can also link Aadhaar with their IndusInd bank account by sending a simple SMS from the mobile number which they have registered with the bank. To avail this service they must first register themselves with the bank for bank alerts.The SMS must be sent in the following format:
- Type the keyword “Aadhaar” and send it to 56161.
- bOnce the Aadhaar is successfully linked, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number about the same.
Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account via ATM
The following steps must be taken to link Aadhaar with the bank account via ATM
- Visit your nearest IndusInd ATM.
- Select “Aadhaar registration” under “service” category.
- Enter the Aadhaar number twice in the ATM.
- Once Aadhaar is successfully linked a receipt will be produced confirming the Aadhaar request by the customer.
It must be noted that after using any of the above methods an SMS or email will be sent to the registered mobile number or email id once the linking process is completed to confirm about the same.