The Karur Vysya Bank is a Tamil Nadu based private bank. It was established by Shri. M.A Venkatarama Chettiar and Shri. Athi Kumar Chettier in 1916. The bank started with a net capital of 1 lakh rupees. Today it operates a network of more than 700 branches and more than 1000 ATM’s all over the country.
Steps to Link Aadhaar With KVB Account
The Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all bank accounts and has also made Aadhaar a mandatory KYC document while opening a new bank account.
The government has also stated that in order to avail the benefits of Government subsidies and schemes, the Aadhaar- bank account link is compulsory. The linking process must be completed by end of December 2017 after which all the Aadhaar fewer cards will be rendered invalid. The Karur Vysya Bank provides two options to its customers to link Aadhaar with their bank account. The details of both methods are given below:
Link Aadhaar with KVB Account Online
The online method requires that an account holder to first register himself or herself in KVB online portal.After the registration process is completed the user will be provided with a user id and password. The following steps must be taken to complete the process of Aadhaar- account linking.
- Visit the official website of Karur Vysya Bank.
- Continue to log in using your user id and password.
- After successful log in click on “Aadhaar update” under the “services” option
- Now, select the account number with which the Aadhaar number is to be linked.
- Fill in the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the appropriate box and click on “submit”.
- After this, the bank will verify the details provided by the customers and will automatically link the Aadhaar number with the bank account.
- Once the linking process is completed an SMS or Email confirming the same will be sent to the registered mobile number or Email id of the user.
Link Aadhaar with KVB Account Offline
The offline method requires the user to carry both the original as well as a photocopy of the Aadhaar card and the bank’s passbook. The following steps must be taken in the offline method.
- Visit your nearest Karur Vysya Bank branch.
- Collect and fill the form to link Aadhaar with the bank account.
- Submit the completed form to the bank authorities along with the necessary documents.
- The documents will be returned back once the verification process is completed.
- After successful verification, the bank authorities will link the Aadhaar number with the bank account.
- Once the Aadhaar and the bank account gets successfully linked a confirmation SMS about the same will be sent to the registered mobile number or Email id.