The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all the bank accounts. Seeding of Aadhaar with the bank accounts is a must for availing extra benefits such as the Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme that is provided by the Indian Government.
There are basically two ways to link Aadhaar with the PNB Bank Account. One through the Internet Banking and another by visiting the nearest Punjab National Bank Branch.
If you have an account in the PNB Net Banking, then you can link your Aadhaar within minutes. You don’t have to go anywhere, you can directly seed your Aadhaar at home itself. All you need is a mobile or a laptop and internet connection. Those who do not have an access to the Internet Banking can visit the nearest PNB Bank Branch to link their Aadhaar with the bank accounts.
Aadhaar linking with the PNB Bank Account Online
The step by step procedure of linking an Aadhaar with the PNB Bank account are as follows:
- Firstly login to the PNB Internet Banking Account.
- When you visit the homepage on the screen, you will find “Other Services” option. Select the option and after selecting the other services option chose the Aadhaar Registration.
- After clicking on the link, a form will appear. Fill in the form with the required details like your Account Number and Aadhaar Number.
- After entering all the details, click on the checkbox saying “I Agree”.
- Click “Continue”.
- In the next page, a successful submission message will appear along with a reference ID displayed.
- Within 24-48 hours of working days, your Aadhaar will be linked and you will receive the status of the Aadhaar seeding on your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar linking with the PNB Bank Account Offline
If you are not comfortable with the online process of linking Aadhaar with the bank account then you can opt for this option.
- All you have to do is visit the nearest PNB Bank Branch for Aadhaar seeding.
- Collect a form from the office and fill in with the required details.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents Aadhaar Card photocopy and the Passbook photocopy.
- The officials will go through the application form and the documents and will inform soon the Aadhaar seeding is done.
- It will be notified through SMS or through an E-mail.
Currently, the bank is not proving the Aadhaar seeding through SMS or ATM.