The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with every official document starting from the income tax return filing to linking the bank accounts. The Aadhaar card which is issued with the UIDAI has become a very significant document now. The Aadhaar card serves as both Identity Proof as well as Residential Proof. In this article, we are going to talk about the Aadhaar seeding with the South Indian Bank.
How to Link Aadhaar with the South Indian Bank
Currently, the bank is offering only two modes of Aadhaar seeding: Offline and Online.
Online Mode of Aadhaar Linking with the South Bank Account
To link your Aadhaar with the bank account online follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the South Indian Bank.
- Now login to your Internet Banking Account choosing the option “Retail User” or “Corporate User”
- Now login using the credentials (User Id and Password).
- When you reach the homepage, choose the “Customer Service Tab”.
- Choose “Update Aadhaar Number” option under the “Customer Services Tab”.
- Now enter the Aadhaar Number and click o submit option.
As soon as you submit your Aadhaar seeding option, the South Indian Bank will verify your Aadhaar details and after the validation, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your South Indian Bank Account.
Offline Mode of Aadhaar Linking with the South Bank Account
If you are not comfortable with the online method of linking Aadhaar with the bank account, you can opt for an offline mode of Aadhaar Linking. All you have to do is visit the nearest Bank Branch and follow the steps given below:
- Visit a nearest South Indian Bank Branch. Make sure that you carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar Card.
- Now collect an Aadhaar seeding form from the counter and fill in the required details.
- Submit the Aadhaar-Seeding Form along with a Self-Attested copy of Aadhaar Card.
- When your Aadhaar is linked with the Bank Account successfully, then you will be notified with an SMS on your registered mobile number.