This year the Income Tax department of India has initiated several notifications at different points of time, stating the importance of linking Aadhaar with the bank account. The notification also carried the warning that not following this order will make all Aadhaar less bank account invalid. The government department has also asked all banks to spread this information amongst their customers so that all accounts are linked with Aadhaar by the end of the year.
An Aadhaar card is an identity card that comprises of a unique number which is issued by UIDAI. This number is different for different people. The card comprises of the basic demographic and identity details of a person. However, it must be noted that the most important feature is that the card also contains biometric details (like fingerprint and iris scan) which is kept in UIDAI database. It is because of these features that the Aadhar card is becoming a mandatory KYC document in almost every important process at present.
Today about 99 percent of Indian population who are above the age of 18 years of age are enrolled for an Aadhaar card or already holds an Aadhaar card.
About Canara Bank
Canara bank is one of the oldest private banks in India. It was established in 1906, by a philanthropist named Ammembal Subba Rao Pai in Mangalore. Some of product and services provided by the bank are:
- life insurance
- Mutual Funds products
- Accounts and deposits.
- NRI banking.
The bank saw some major changes in service provisions when it decided to go paperless. It launched its first own digital banking branch named “CANDI” at Spencer Towers in MG Road, Bengaluru. It aims at providing end to end digital services to people.
Steps to link Aadhaar with Canara Bank Account
The Canara bank provides two methods by which you can connect your Aadhaar card with your bank account, that is, via online method and via offline method.
The steps that must be followed are provided below:
Link via offline method
In the offline method, you must carry the original as well as a photocopy of the bank’s passbook and Aadhaar card to your nearest bank branch. The following steps must be taken in the offline method:
- Visit the nearest bank branch.
- Collect the application form for Aadhaar and bank account seeding.
- Complete all the details in the form and submit it to the bank authorities.
- Submit the necessary KYC documents for verification.
- The bank will return the documents once the verification is completed.
- Once your application form is validated, your Aadhaar card will be linked to the bank account and a confirmation mail or SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
Link via online method
In order to link Aadhaar with bank account via the online method, you will first have to register yourself on the official website of the bank. If you are already a registered user then the following steps must be taken to link Aadhaar with the bank account:
- Visit the official website of Canara bank of India.
- Log in using your user ID and password.
- Provide your 13 digit account number and customer id as provided in your passbook.
- After this, a one time password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the appropriate box and then click on “submit”.
- Once the Aadhaar gets linked to the bank account a confirmation mail or SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with every official document starting from the income tax return filing to linking the bank accounts. The Aadhaar card which is issued with the UIDAI has become a very significant document now. The Aadhaar card serves as both Identity Proof as well as Residential Proof. In this article, we are going to talk about the Aadhaar seeding with the South Indian Bank.
How to Link Aadhaar with the South Indian Bank
Currently, the bank is offering only two modes of Aadhaar seeding: Offline and Online.
Online Mode of Aadhaar Linking with the South Bank Account
To link your Aadhaar with the bank account online follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the South Indian Bank.
- Now login to your Internet Banking Account choosing the option “Retail User” or “Corporate User”
- Now login using the credentials (User Id and Password).
- When you reach the homepage, choose the “Customer Service Tab”.
- Choose “Update Aadhaar Number” option under the “Customer Services Tab”.
- Now enter the Aadhaar Number and click o submit option.
As soon as you submit your Aadhaar seeding option, the South Indian Bank will verify your Aadhaar details and after the validation, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your South Indian Bank Account.
Offline Mode of Aadhaar Linking with the South Bank Account
If you are not comfortable with the online method of linking Aadhaar with the bank account, you can opt for an offline mode of Aadhaar Linking. All you have to do is visit the nearest Bank Branch and follow the steps given below:
- Visit a nearest South Indian Bank Branch. Make sure that you carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar Card.
- Now collect an Aadhaar seeding form from the counter and fill in the required details.
- Submit the Aadhaar-Seeding Form along with a Self-Attested copy of Aadhaar Card.
- When your Aadhaar is linked with the Bank Account successfully, then you will be notified with an SMS on your registered mobile number.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is the second largest Indian bank in the country which had its headquarters in Vadodara, Gujarat in India and its corporate office is in the financial capital of the country, Mumbai.
Bank of Baroda was founded by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in July 1908 in the Princely State of Baroda, in Gujarat.
Many of the other banks were also merged with BoB, which are as follows:
- Hind Bank Ltd (1958)
- New Citizen Bank of India Ltd (1961)
- Surat Banking Corporation (1963)
- Tamil Nadu Central Bank (1964)
- Umbergaon People Bank (1964)
- Traders Bank Limited (1988)
- Bareilly Corporation Bank Ltd (1998)
- Benares State Bank Ltd (2002)
- South Gujarat Local Area Bank Ltd (2004)
- Memon Cooperative Bank Limited (2011)
Some of the highlights of Bank of Baroda are:
Type – Public
Industry – Banking and Finance
Number of Branches – 5481branches
Owner – Government of India
Products and Services offered by Bank of Baroda
This bank provides a bouquet of products and services which are as follows:
- Bank of Baroda Credit Cards
- BoB Card Signature
- BoB Card Platinum
- BoB Card Titanium
- BoB Card Corporate Premium
- Co-Branded Card
- Credit Card Statement
- Bank of Baroda Interest Rates on Savings Account
- Baroda Centenary Savings Account
- Savings Bank Account
- Baroda Basic Savings Account
- Super Savings Account
- Baroda Salary Advantage Saving Account
- Baroda Bachat Mitra
- Baroda Pensioners Savings Bank Account
- Baroda Jeevan Suraksha Savings Bank Account
- Bank of Baroda Fixed Deposit Account
- Fixed Deposit Rates on Short – terms
- Fixed Deposit Rates on Medium and Long Terms
- Fixed Deposit Rates for Senior Citizens
- Bank of Baroda Home Loans
- Baroda Home Loan Advantage
- Baroda Pre Approved Home Loan
- Baroda Home Loan Suraksha Personal Loan
- Bank of Baroda NRI Services
- Foreign Currency Linked Rupee Deposits (FCLR) Schemes
- Foreign Currency Denominated Non-Resident Fixed Deposits (FCNR – FD)
- Non – Resident External (NRE) (RUPEE) Savings Account
- Baroda Premium Non – Resident External (NRE) Savings Bank Account
- Non – Resident External (NRE) (RUPEE) Current Account
- Non – Resident External (NRE) (RUPEE) Fixed Deposits
- Non – Resident Ordinary Rupee Savings Account (NRO – SB)
- Non – Resident Ordinary Rupee Current Account (NRO – CA)
- Non – Resident Ordinary (NRO) (RUPEE) Fixed Deposits
- Resident Foreign Currency Account for NRIs
- Resident Foreign Currency (Domestic) Account
- Rupee Linked Foreign Currency Deposit (RLFCD) Scheme for NRIs
- Bank of Baroda Internet Banking
- Immediate transfer of funds
- Payment of direct and indirect taxes
- Receive account statements
- Payment of utility bills like electricity, mobile etc.
- Payment of school fees
- Booking rail tickets
- Bank of Baroda Loans
- Auto loan
- Two-wheeler loan
- Car loan to NRI
- Personal Loan
- Education Loan
- Mortgage loan
- Trader’s loan
- Baroda loan to pensioners
- Baroda Ashray etc.
- Home Loan
IFSC Code of Bank of Baroda
IFSC Code is an 11-digit code assigned by the Bank of Baroda (BoB) to every bank as a part of NEFT / RTGS.
In IFS Code
- First four characters identify the bank name i.e. BARB
- The fifth character is always 0
- And the last character represents the branch address i.e. PASVIH
[The IFS code used in above example is of Paschim Vihar, New Delhi i.e., “BARB0PASVIH
The Federal bank limited, founded by Late Kulangara Paulo Hormis, is one of the major private sector commercial bank headquartered at Aluva, Kochi, and Kerala.
Earlier, the Federal bank was named as Travancore Federal bank which was incorporated in 1931. However, it gradually transformed into a full-fledged bank under the leadership of its founder K P Hormis. It began its business with a capital of Rs. 5,000. And in today’s time, it is one of the strongest and stable bank banks in the country.
The bank believes in providing their services 24 / 7. And it has branches and ATMs across India in addition to the Representative Office at Abu Dhabi for the NRIs (Non-Residence Indians) in UAE.
Products and Services offered by Federal Bank
At present Federal Bank have over 1247 bank branches and more than 1498 operating ATMs spread across the entire nation. It also offers a wide range of products and services which are as follows:
- Federal Bank Credit Cards
- Federal Bank SBI – VISA Gold ‘N’ More
- Federal Bank SBI VISA Platinum
- Credit Card Statement – Federal bank sends a monthly combined credit card statement.
- Federal Bank Home Loan
- Federal Housing Loan
- Purchase of House Plots or lands
- Housewarming Loans
- Approved Housing Projects
- Property Loan
- Salary Accounts
- Demat Accounts
- Priority Banking
- Savings Account
- Freedom SB
- Fed Book Selfie
- Young Champ
- Fed Excel
- SB Plus
- Mahila Mitra
- Yuva Mitra
- Fed Smart
- Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA)
- Federal Institutional Savings Account (FISA)
- Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
- Short-term Fixed Deposit Rates
- Medium and long-term Fixed Deposit Rates
- Senior Citizen Fixed Deposit Rates
- Federal Bank NRI Banking
- NRE Savings Account
- FedSelect Plus
- Fed NRI Power
- Fed NRI Premium
- Fed NRI Privilege
- Fed NRI Eve
- NR Young Champ
- Fed NRI Care
- NRO Savings Account
- Fed NRO Power
- Fed NRO Premium
- Fed NRO Privilege
- NRE Current Account
- NRO Current Account
- NRI Fixed Deposits
- Millionaire Savings Fund
- FCNR Deposits
- Federal Rupee Plus
- Fed Flexi Smart SaverRD
- Federal Bank Internet Banking
- Quick Money Transfer
- Safe payment of bills
- Banking available 24/7
- Banking at the comfort of the home
- Tax statements can be viewed
- TDS details can be seen
- Depository accounts can be managed
IFSC Code of Federal Bank
IFSC Code is an 11-digit code assigned by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to every bank as a part of NEFT / RTGS.
In IFS Code
- First four characters identify the bank name i.e. FDRL
- The fifth character is always 0
- And the last character represents the branch address i.e. 001680
[The IFS code used in above example is of East Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi i.e., “FDRL0001680
The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all the bank accounts. Seeding of Aadhaar with the bank accounts is a must for availing extra benefits such as the Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme that is provided by the Indian Government.
There are basically two ways to link Aadhaar with the PNB Bank Account. One through the Internet Banking and another by visiting the nearest Punjab National Bank Branch.
If you have an account in the PNB Net Banking, then you can link your Aadhaar within minutes. You don’t have to go anywhere, you can directly seed your Aadhaar at home itself. All you need is a mobile or a laptop and internet connection. Those who do not have an access to the Internet Banking can visit the nearest PNB Bank Branch to link their Aadhaar with the bank accounts.
Aadhaar linking with the PNB Bank Account Online
The step by step procedure of linking an Aadhaar with the PNB Bank account are as follows:
- Firstly login to the PNB Internet Banking Account.
- When you visit the homepage on the screen, you will find “Other Services” option. Select the option and after selecting the other services option chose the Aadhaar Registration.
- After clicking on the link, a form will appear. Fill in the form with the required details like your Account Number and Aadhaar Number.
- After entering all the details, click on the checkbox saying “I Agree”.
- Click “Continue”.
- In the next page, a successful submission message will appear along with a reference ID displayed.
- Within 24-48 hours of working days, your Aadhaar will be linked and you will receive the status of the Aadhaar seeding on your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar linking with the PNB Bank Account Offline
If you are not comfortable with the online process of linking Aadhaar with the bank account then you can opt for this option.
- All you have to do is visit the nearest PNB Bank Branch for Aadhaar seeding.
- Collect a form from the office and fill in with the required details.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents Aadhaar Card photocopy and the Passbook photocopy.
- The officials will go through the application form and the documents and will inform soon the Aadhaar seeding is done.
- It will be notified through SMS or through an E-mail.
Currently, the bank is not proving the Aadhaar seeding through SMS or ATM.
Aadhaar refers to “foundation”. Aadhaar card is a government document comprising of a 12 digit unique number which is different for every individual. It not only comprises of identity data of an individual but also his or her biometric and demographic data. The data is collected by UIDAI which is set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
At present Aadhaar is the largest biometric ID system in the world. About 99% of Indians are enrolled into UIDAI database.In the words of World Bank’s chief economist, Paul Romer, Aadhaar is the “ most sophisticated ID programme in the world”.
Benefits Of Aadhaar Card
The Aadhaar cards comes with a number of benefits. Few of the advantages of holding an Aadhaar card are:
- Almost all day to day important services requires Aadhaar as a mandatory KYC document. For example, Aadhaar is mandatory to avail mobile networks, LPG subsidies etc.
- Aadhaar is also a compulsory document while opening a new bank account while making big financial transactions etc.
- Individuals who are selected under government schemes and subsidies will directly receive their share of money in their Aadhaar linked bank accounts.
- Pensioners who have registered their Aadhaar number do not have to go through time consuming documentation. Elderly people who have registered their Aadhaar number will get their pension timely.
- Scholarship money will also be directly credited to the beneficiary’s bank account.
How To Link Aadhaar With Sbi Bank Account
The State Bank of India is India’s largest public sector bank in India.The roots of the bank lie in Imperial Bank of India which was established during the British era. At present, the bank has more than 23000 branches and more than 59000 ATMs all across the country. Further, it has a network of 198 branch offices in 37 countries. The bank has opened up various avenues for its customers so that they can link their Aadhaar number with their SBI bank account. Some portals by which Aadhaar linking process can be completed are:
Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account
- Visit the official website of State Bank of India.
- Click on “ my accounts” and then click on the link “ Link Aadhaar number”.
- After this, you will be redirected to a page where you are required to fill in details like bank account number, Aadhaar number and then click on “submit”.
- The screen will display the last two digits of your registered mobile number.
- once Aadhaar is linked with the bank account, a confirmation SMS or email about the same will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account offline
- Visit the nearest SBI branch.
- Collect the form to link Aadhaar with bank account (It is available in all SBI bank branches)
- Fill in all the details in the form and submit it to the bank authorities.
- After this submit both the original as well as a photocopy of your bank’s passbook and Aadhaar card for verification.
- The original document will be returned back after verification process gets completed.
- After successful verification, the Aadhaar card will be linked with bank account manually by the bank authorities. An SMS or email will be sent to the registered mobile number or email id confirming about the same.
Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account with an SMS
- Customers who have registered their mobile number with the bank can link their Aadhaar with bank account by typing UID space Aadhaar number space account number and sending this message to 567676.
- An SMS will be sent to your mobile number confirming the Aadhaar- bank account link.
- The Aadhaar number will be verified by UIDAI.If the verification fails then an SMS will be sent on the same number asking the account holder to visit the nearest bank branch along with the necessary KYC documents.
Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account via ATM
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM booth.
- Swipe your card and enter your PIN number.
- Select “service -registration” and then click on “Aadhaar registration”.
- Enter your type, that is, savings or current account.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and do the task again.
The IDFC bank is an integrated Infrastructure Development Finance Company.The bank was incorporated with the aim of providing financial aid and services to the infrastructure sector.At the same time, the bank also provides services to private companies and customer as well as self-employed people.
Benefits Of Linking Aadhaar With IDFC Bank Account
The Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with all bank accounts. This step is crucial as all the Aadhaar fewer bank accounts would be rendered invalid after December.Some of the benefits of linking Aadhaar card with IDFC bank account are:
- It is the first bank to introduce Aadhaar linked cashless merchant solution. A striking feature of this technology is that it enables cashless transactions even to people who do not have possess any phone. Transactions can be made from any Aadhaar linked bank account to IDFC bank account by simply scanning fingerprints at merchant points. The fingerprint acts as the password for the transaction. This feature will ensure greater financial inclusion of people.
- An Aadhaar linked bank account is also mandatory to avail government schemes and subsidies like MNREGA, pension schemes, scholarships etc. Aadhaar is also important to avail government subsidies on day to day groceries like kerosene, rice, wheat etc.
- Aadhaar is also a mandatory KYC document in order to open a new bank account anywhere in the country.
Steps To Link Aadhaar With IDFC Bank Account
You can link your Aadhaar with IDFC bank account either by the online method or by the offline method. The steps required in both the methods are given below:
Offline method to link Aadhaar with the Bank Account
In the offline method, you are required to carry both the original as well as a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and your bank’s passbook for verification. The following steps must be taken to complete the linking process:
- Visit the nearest IDFC bank branch.
- Collect the Aadhaar seeding form from the bank authorities.
- Complete all the details in the form and submit the same at the branch office.
- After submitting your form, you are required to provide the KYC documents for verification.
- Once the verification process gets completed, the documents will be handed back to you.
- After successful verification, the bank will link Aadhaar with the bank account. You will be sent with a notification about the same either in your registered mobile number or email id.
Online method to link Aadhaar with the Bank Account
In order to use the online method, you will first have to register in the official website of the IDFC bank. Registered users can follow the steps below to complete the Aadhaar-account linking process:
- Visit the official website of IDFC bank.
- Two options are available; “retail user” and “ corporate user”. Choose your option.
- Log in to your account with your user id and password.
- Select “Aadhaar seeding” option under “service” tab.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on “submit”.
- Once your application gets successfully submitted, the bank will verify your details.
- After the successful validation of your details, your Aadhaar number will be linked to your bank account. An email or SMS confirming the same will be sent your registered email id or mobile number.
The Government of India this year has made it mandatory for everyone to link their banks account with Aadhaar card. In fact on Saturday, 21 October, the RBI has made it clear that it is compulsory to complete the Aadhaar and bank account linking process. Earlier this year banks had given warnings to their customers that if Aadhaar is linked than their accounts will be suspended.Some of the benefits of linking Aadhaar with the bank account are:
- Besides being mandatory, an Aadhaar linked bank account is also important to avail government subsidies on day to day groceries like LPG, kerosene, ration on groceries like wheat, rice etc.
- Aadhaar is also a mandatory KYC document while opening a new bank account.
- Another benefit of an Aadhaar linked account is that the government will directly credit the accounts of the beneficiaries which are selected for government schemes.
- The Aadhaar linking process will also enable the government to identify the targeted section of the society who are in need of government support and thus will do away with corruption and leakages of government funds.
About Hdfc Bank
The HDFC bank, with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra was established in the year of 1994. It was inaugurated by the then finance minister, Manmohan Singh. HDFC Bank is one of India’s largest private sector bank in terms of its number of assets.At present, the bank has a network of 4000 branches and more than 12000 ATMs all across the country. Some of the product and services provided by the bank are:
- Wholesale banking.
- Retail banking.
- Automobile loans.
- Two wheeler loans.
- Personal loans.
- Credit cards.
- Loans for the purchase property etc.
Steps To Link Aadhaar With Hdfc Bank Account
With the government making it mandatory to link Aadhaar with bank accounts, the HDFC bank has provided two avenues to its customers by which they can link their Aadhaar cards with their bank accounts. The steps to use both these methods are given below:
Online method to link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
In order to complete the linking process online, the account holder is first required to register himself or herself in the official website of the bank.
The following steps must be taken to link Aadhaar with HDFC bank account online:
- Visit the official website of HDFC bank.
- log in to your account using your user id and password.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar card details”.
- Fill all the details and submit the form.
- Once the Aadhaar is successfully linked with the bank account, the bank will send an SMS or Email on your registered Email id or mobile number confirming the same.
Offline method of link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
The offline method requires you carry a duplicate as well as the original copy of the Aadhaar card as well as your bank passbook. The following steps need to be taken to complete the process of Aadhaar linking process offline:
- Visit the nearest branch of HDFC bank.
- Collect the form to link Aadhaar with the bank account. (this form can also available in the official website of HDFC bank).
- Fill all the details in the form and submit it to the bank authorities.
- The bank authorities might ask for the necessary documents for verification.
- Once they complete the verification process, the documents will be handed back to you.
- On successful verification, the bank authorities will manually link the Aadhaar number with the bank account in their system.
- Once the Aadhaar is linked with the bank account a confirmation SMS or Email will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
HDFC is an acronym for Housing Development Financial Corporation and is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai.
HDFC Bank was formed as a legal corporation in August 1994 and commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in January 1995. And this financial institution is not limited within the country, but has widespread all over the world, for example, Bahrain, Hong Kong etc.
HDFC Bank is the second largest private sector lender in the country and ranked as the largest bank in India according to market capitalization.
Their mission is to be a “World Class Indian Bank”.
We realized that only a single-minded focus on product quality and service excellence would help us get there. Today, we are proud to say that we are well on our way towards that goal.
It is extremely gratifying that our efforts towards providing customer convenience have been appreciated both nationally and internationally
Products and Services Offered by HDFC Bank
HDFC bank offers a bouquet of products and services to its customers.
- Accounts and Deposits
- Savings MAX Account
- Regular Savings Account
- Women’s Savings Account
- Kid’s Advantage Account
- Senior Citizens Account
- Family Savings Group Account
- Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Institutional Savings Account
- BSBDA Small Account
- Personal Loan
- Car Loans
- Two – Wheeler Loans
- Business Loans
- Home Loan
- Loan Against Assets
- Educational Loans
- Gold Loan
IFSC Code of HDFC Bank
IFSC Code is an 11-digit code assigned by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to every bank as a part of NEFT / RTGS.
In IFS Code
- First four characters identify the bank name i.e. HDFC
- The fifth character is always 0
- And the last character represents the branch address i.e. 004404
[The IFS code used in above example is of Delhi, Mahipalpur i.e., “HDFC0004404
The Government of India made 12 digit Unique Identification Number mandatory for various purposes such as filing your income tax returns to getting a PAN card.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) asked the banks to offer their customers to link their bank accounts with their Aadhaar numbers as it has been mandated now.
Bank accounts have been mandated for the reason that the subsidized amount can be directly transferred to the beneficiaries’ bank account.
A customer who has their savings account with ICICI bank can link their Aadhaar number with their bank account. ICICI bank offers both online as well as offline process to fulfill the procedure by your own convenience.
Offline Method to Link an Aadhaar card to ICICI Bank Account
In order to link your Aadhaar card with your ICICI bank account, keep your original Aadhaar card and a copy of the same handy.
And visit the official website of Aadhaar card and download Form No. 3 (Aadhaar card linking form) and fill the form with correct details and enter your Aadhaar number carefully along with your bank account information from your bank passbook.
Once above mentioned formalities are done, visit the nearest branch of your bank and furnished the duly filled in Form no. 3 along with a photocopy of your E – Aadhaar or Aadhaar Card. After that, the form will be retained by the bank for further verification and once bank have cross verified all the information, details of your Aadhaar card will be updated to your ICICI Bank account.
Online Method to Link an Aadhaar card to ICICI Bank Account
Follow the below mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar card with ICICI bank account:
- Visit the official website of ICICI Bank, net banking
- Now you are required to provide your Username and Password
- In the result page, you will have to click on Customer Service Tab
- Select Service request
- And then click on Bank Account Service Request
- Click on Account Details
- Click on Modification Related
- Now request for updating Aadhaar number in Savings Account
- Then fill your 12 digit Aadhaar number and submit the form online
- By clicking on submit icon will allow you to link your Aadhaar card to your ICICI bank account.
The government have declared the last date to link Aadhaar with the bank account which 31st December. In case of failure to adhere to this deadline, bank accounts would become un operational.
Irrespective of the criticism Aadhaar card is receiving, we cannot deny the fact that this 12 digit card has become one of an essential document one can possess, hence adhering to this mandation would help to avoid any future inconvenience.